Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Shelter's Sunday service popular

Every Sunday night The Salvation Army conducts a worship service in the chapel at the Center of Hope. As always we invite our shelter guests as well as the public to join us. We offer a lively service filled with rousing praise and worship, prayer time and a stimulating message. This past Sunday 51 people joined me as I began a seven-week series on the Tabernacle and how it relates to us in the 21st century. After the service one man said to me, "I have found something I have been looking for for 22 years."

 He, along with 8 others, came to the altar to pray and dedicate themselves to God.

We meet at 6:30 p.m. every Sunday at the Center of Hope, 102 N. Denver St. in Tulsa. I look forward to seeing you there.

- Major Jim Taylor
Tulsa Area Commander

No comments:

Post a Comment