Thursday, August 23, 2012

While men go to prison, in and out, in and out, I’ll fight..."

General William Booth made that remark in 1912, probably 80 years before meth. When I think of people who are in and out of prison, I think of people I interviewed for my blog series about meth addiction. Everyone I talked to had criminal records that spanned decades. It also makes me think of a man I met last Friday. He was an Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC) program participant and he said that prison for him was like a revolving door. It seems like the equation is meth addiction = prison, or worse. To read about The Salvation Army and addictions  click here. To read about a meth addict recovering at the ARC, click here. To read a hopeful post about how The Salvation Army helps kids make smart choices about drugs and other peer pressures to prevent drug addiction, click here.
-Sallie 

No comments:

Post a Comment