Friday, March 16, 2012

A critics review...

You know it's a party when Major
Williams sneaks in a photo-bomb!
I know this review is a bit late but last Saturday night I was at the most happenin' place in Sand Springs, The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club for their Army of Stars celebration. This was the 3rd year for the event which has raised nearly $40,000 since its inception. This was the first year I have attended and WOW! I was impressed!

The food was outstanding. I don't eat steak very often so when I do, it is a treat! The kids from the Club were responsible for seating guests and providing refills for our water and tea, it was very nice to see them getting involved in volunteering and fundraising for their Club.


Sand Springs Youth of the
Year, Zack Hill
The Sand Spring Youth of the Year, Zack Hill, gave an amazing speech that left us all in awe of the amazing work being done for youth at the Club everyday. Another treat was Club member Kelsie Hammons who provided dinner entertainment by singing for us, she had the voice of an angel.

I'm so glad I went to this great event, I got a great silent auction item and enjoyed getting to know the staff at Sand Springs so much better, they were a joy to spend the evening with. I can't wait to go next year. Congratulations to Club Director Greg Parker, his Advisory Council and all the staff and volunteers at the Club!

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment