Monday, February 1, 2010

Thoughts on the Salvation Army Mission


Working for the Salvation Army I am always inspired when I read quotes from our early leaders, those who saw need in the world and worked diligently to make a difference.  Did you know that by 1912 the Salvation Army was already working in 58 countries?

Words from William Booth, The Salvation Army Founder:
“While women weep, as they do now, I'll fight; while children go hungry, as they do now I'll fight; while men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now, I'll fight; while there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, while there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight, I'll fight to the very end!”
Hopefully this will inspire you to make a difference this week!
-Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment